Sunday, January 25, 2009

Moving on.....

Cryptic writing forces one to imagine what is being read. There are interpretations galore depending on the reader's mindset and his/her perceptions of the writer. How much ever fun it could be, one also runs the risk of straying far from the intended message. My intention in the last post wasn't to keep the message ambiguous, but to tickle the reader's mind, and at the same time not sound too opinionated. I was also trying to use myself as the prop to speak for the species I belong. 'Look within' they say; well, I was attempting just that. Here I attempt just the opposite - pointing fingers and wanting to be precise. Heavy stuff as this too may sound, please bear with me.

I claim no expertise in the history of world politics or in the current geo-political situation, and have no desire to take sides between, or be judgemental about, Israel and Palestine. Each of them has its own insecurities and injustices to contend with, and its own justification for its actions. None of them though, justifies the mindless slaughtering of the last few weeks, of civilians in Gaza. With no routes to escape, and with the constant flow of rockets and missiles, death was an inevitable destiny for them. When the world needed to stand as one in abhorring the crime and those who caused and provoked it, sadly the reaction was a show of hypocrisy at its best, led by the uncharacteristic silence of none other than the US, and another failure for the United Nations in intervention. Goes beyond my imagination how the innocent lives of one country become more valuable than those of another; they are all people at the end of it, aren't they?

I hope everyone involved sees folly in the present ways, and finds a solution, bereft of motives of any kind, aimed at making the lives of the common man, irrespective of nationalities, allegiances and beliefs, more valued and honoured.

History is replete with examples of injustices, and in wishing to set few of them right, mankind is not doing any favour to itself. By wanting to play God, we are creating more injustices, pulling ourselves into a time warp that will only end in our extermination. In the interest of mankind, and in the interest of the people living in the present, we need to learn to move on, and strive to make the present world any better than what it was in the past.

It was this thought, along with the religious explanations for killing your own kind, that was playing hard on my mind, in my previous post.

Having explained myself and my cryptic post, it is time for me to move on as well, into other topics of interest and relevance. Stay with me dear readers, and please do leave your comments for what you think of my writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about Israel and Palestine. It is a modern day concentration camp and religious small mindedness is the source of all this trouble.

dilip said...

The beauty of abstract writing lies in the fact that its abstract!! :)
Different people read different version of the same thing and as an author you realize how someone could have come up with that interpretation...Its kind of fun..:)
BTW i reread the earlier post with a new perspective..;)

Sagar said...

@YouKnowWho, rightly said.

@dilip, I had multiple things to write about that took the same story line; that would have added to the abstractness of the piece.