Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beeecause beeecause.....

Finally, after months of slumber, I make a comeback to the blogscene.

It took me ages to get started, and only a couple of months thence to pause. Somewhere in my short blogger's life I underwent a severe writer's blog ('block' said in Malyalam). Thoughts were plenty, just that they didn't find an expression. Many blogs were mentally written, almost one everyday; what was missing was the meeting of the fingers with the keyboard to type them out. There were a few that got typed too, but then never got published. I revive one such 'draft', with the promise to myself, and the hope, that I will continue to publish my thoughts.

I love to speak of the real incident below. It may sound a bit of a cliche to those who have heard it from me. But then, if you are one of those who heard it, I am sure you are one of those who wouldn't mind hearing it again. :-) And if you are one of those, to whom I hadn't had the opportunity to narrate this earlier, please read it for yourself.


Original draft written a few months back
Picture this. I come back home all tired after a long day at office. I get rid of my coat and slump in front of the TV trying to catch some breath before proceeding with the rest of the evening. I feel a slight rustle at my feet, someone taking a measure of my shoes. I bend down to see my little daughter Disha trying hard to figure how the lace is to be pulled.

Me: What are you doing sweetheart?

Disha: I am taking your shoes off.

Me: Why are you doing that?

Disha: Beeecause... Beeecause...I want to take it off.

Me: But why do you want to take it off?

Disha: Beeecause... Beeecause...... "I love you sooo.... much!".

Could the evening have got any better?

5 comments:

unknown said...

Hope to see more of your posts. Historically they have been very entertaining.May be you can engage a typist ;)

dilip said...

Welcome back!
Now that you have promised to publish more often, i hope you keep that promise to yourself..;)
As far as the post goes, what more can i say? - "Disha is the best"!!

Sagar said...

@Divya: Thank you. I like your suggestion too. :-)

@Dilip: Cannot agree more on Disha. :-) Am living upto my promise to myself - have published another post a few minutes back.

Divya A L said...

I have seen pics of Disha that dilip had shared a few months ago.. She's a cute little darling angel I must say!! :) I kept insisting dilip to get her to our office one day when she was here(he refused for whtever reasons i don knw :-| ;) )but now after reading this I'll no more insist him, but PESTER him to do that :)))

Sagar said...

@Divya: Thanks. I will make sure he takes her to office the next time. But keep pestering, nevertheless. :-D